- How many clauses does a compound complex sentence have?
- What is compound or complex sentences?
- How do you identify a compound complex sentence?
- What is complex sentence give two examples?
- Is dialogue a complex sentence?
- Which is a correctly punctuated complex sentence?
- How do you write a complex sentence?
- What are some examples of compound words?
- What is the type of this sentence?
- What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
- What is a complex sentence in grammar?
- What are the three types of compound sentences?
- What is an example of a compound complex sentence?
- What are the 10 examples of compound?
- What is the difference between a simple compound and complex sentence?
How many clauses does a compound complex sentence have?
A COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCE has two independent clauses joined to one or more dependent clauses..
What is compound or complex sentences?
What is a compound-complex sentence? A compound-complex sentence has two or more independent clause(s) and at least one dependent clause. Simply put, it is a combination of a compound and complex sentence. This sentence type can be a bit confusing to identify since compound-complex sentences are pretty long.
How do you identify a compound complex sentence?
If two clauses are connected with a coordinating conjunction, it’s a compound sentence. If two clauses are connected with a subordinating conjunction, it’s a complex sentence.
What is complex sentence give two examples?
Examples of Complex Sentences Notice that the dependent clause begins with a subordinating conjunction (words like since, because, while) and that the clauses are separated by a comma: Because he was late again, he would be docked a day’s pay. While I am a passionate basketball fan, I prefer football.
Is dialogue a complex sentence?
1. Simple dialogue: A complete sentence of dialogue. … This is a complex sentence made up of more than one clause.
Which is a correctly punctuated complex sentence?
3. Complex: A complex sentence contains one independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. The independent clause is called the main clause. Use a comma after the dependent clause that comes before the main clause (i.e. the dependent clause begins the sentence).
How do you write a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is formed by adding one or more subordinate (dependent) clauses to the main (independent) clause using conjunctions and/or relative pronouns. A clause is a simple sentence. Simple sentences contain only one clause (verb group). Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).
What are some examples of compound words?
Compound words can be written in three ways: as open compounds (spelled as two words, e.g., ice cream), closed compounds (joined to form a single word, e.g., doorknob), or hyphenated compounds (two words joined by a hyphen, e.g., long-term). Sometimes, more than two words can form a compound (e.g., mother-in-law).
What is the type of this sentence?
Three essential types of sentence are declarative sentences (which are statements), interrogative sentences (which are questions), and imperative sentences (which are orders). Join us as we give examples of each!
What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentencesKate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What is a complex sentence in grammar?
A complex sentence is an independent clause (a sentence that can stand on its own) with 1 or more dependent clauses added (dependent clauses can’t stand on their own as a sentence).
What are the three types of compound sentences?
A compound sentence is a sentence formed from two or more simple sentences, or independent clauses (IC): Megan cut the wood, and Ryan stacked it….Three methods of forming compound sentenceswith a coordinating conjunction (one of the fanboys);with a semicolon; or.with a semicolon and a transitional expression.
What is an example of a compound complex sentence?
A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are the 10 examples of compound?
Examples of Compounds – Common CompoundsC2H6O: Alcohol. NaCl: Salt. C2H6O: Ethanol. C2H4O2: Vinegar. NH3: Ammonia. C2H4O2: Acetic Acid. C4H10: Butane.H2SO4 : Sulfuric Acid. CH4: Methane.C12H22O11: Sucrose. C3H8: Propane.NaHCO3: Baking Soda. N2O: Nitrogen. C6H8O7: Citric Acid. C8H18: Octane. C10H16O: Camphor.
What is the difference between a simple compound and complex sentence?
A simple sentence consists of only one clause. A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause. A set of words with no independent clause may be an incomplete sentence, also called a sentence fragment.